Wednesday, August 1, 2012

When God Disappeared


I knew something was not right… there was an empty feeling deep inside of me.  When I sat down to pray it felt like I was there all by myself; when I read the scriptures I could not hear His voice.  I started to miss Him, missed hearing His voice and feeling His presence.  Has God disappeared from my life?  I started to panic, but I did not know what to do except going about my daily routine. 

Slowly I started to realize that I was turning into a different person…  
She was bitter, selfish and drawn to things that were not pleasing to the Lord. She was self-centred, put her own needs before God. She had hidden agendas in what she did, yet felt empty.  She was spiritually paralysed.  

I did not like that person at all, and I panicked! 

They say “desperate times need desperate measures”… I decided to do what Jacob did; wrestle with God till I begin to hear His voice again and feel His presence again… until  I have that intimacy I once had with Him.

Later that day I was led to read the Acts of the Apostles, suddenly everything made sense... 

After the resurrection, Jesus promised His Disciples the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  He says “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1: 8)

And THEN, He disappears!!!  

When Jesus disappeared, the disciples went into the upper room and joined together constantly in prayer.  It was then, that the promise was fulfilled…   

There will be moments in our lives when we will lose Him, but the good news is, we can find Him. 

In Jeremiah 29:13 God says “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart”. 

The secret to find Him is to seek him with all your heart.  I am surround by people who are in a deep journey with God.  They are not people who seek Him half-heartedly, or when it is convenient.  They seek Him every morning, every moment, about everything they choose to do and not choose to do. They do not seek Him to get something; they seek Him to find Him and Him alone.

Seeking God and His leading is serious business.  It is not a task we can delegate, or put on hold.  God wants to be found by those who seek Him, and if we are not seeking Him with all our hearts we may never find Him.  When we seek Him with all our heart we not only find Him, but receive power from on high... a power that we do not have in us, to be His witnesses to the ends of the earth.


1 comment:

  1. This is what happened to me. How did you find him again? Ive searched until Ive been too tired to anymore.

    ReplyDelete