Monday, May 21, 2012

Praise Him in the Storm


Long time ago, the Lord taught me that the real crisis is not the circumstances that are beyond my control; but when I face those circumstances without Him… without believing that HE is my Father who is above my circumstances who is capable of turning any crisis into a blessing.

Most of the time we are after God, only to get Him to calm our storms that are on the outside.  If we even get the slightest hint that He is moving to calm the storms that are inside of us, we run away from Him because we are afraid of that He will rob us of the "pleasures of life" - because we know, most often they are the causes for our storms that are on the outside.  We continue to treat Him like a wending machine - put in a prayer,  press a button to get what we want and walk away as soon as we get what we want, only to find that there is always another crisis, another issue, another enemy, another sickness that we are not capable of dealing with.  And the cycle continues...

If only we took the time to sit before the Lord so that HE could calm the storms that are inside of us…  

To those of us who dare to do that, He calms the storms that are inside by giving the greatest gift one could ever ask for – the gift of Himself. 

When we know His presence in our lives, when we experience His love in the depths and when we hear His voice in our Spirit saying “you are my son / daughter, I love you very much”, the fears, the insecurities, the depression, the restlessness simply lose their hold over our lives. 

The greatest blessing is not to have everything going right, but to know that God is holding me safe when everything seems to be going against me, to know for certain that my Father is above all and that HE can change everything into blessings.

Jesus promises rest to everyone who comes to Him and is willing to learn from Him.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28,29)

No comments:

Post a Comment