Monday, September 19, 2011

My 24/7 Prayer


Father, I am a sinful, weak woman.  All I need is the right circumstances to fall into sin and give into my weakness.  The truth is I desire sin more than I desire you.  

But you have awakened my Spirit and it cries out for you, to be with you, to be lost in you.  So have mercy on me, and today, let your thoughts be my thoughts; your words be my words; and my body – may it be your temple where your Spirit will be pleased to dwell. 

I ask this not because I am good or holy, but because I am selfish.  For I know I can’t make it on my own; and separated from you I will be destroyed, and in turn I will destroy the ones I love most.  I don’t deserve your love or your mercy, but I know you will love me anyway – for EVERYONE who calls upon the Lord will be saved.  So I call upon your name not to be saved from an enemy out there, but to be saved from myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment