Monday, March 28, 2011

The Place Called 'There'

The Place Called There was shared by Bro. Johann Amaratunga on the VCRL  http://groups.google.com/group/risenlordcommunity/?pli=1 in June 2008.  Over the past three years I read it many times, and it has blessed me, challenged me and has sent me back to The Place Called 'There'.  With Bro. Johann's permission, I am sharing it here.   

I am inspired to share this about Elijah!  

After great victories come great temptations. This is primarily because we lose our sense of humility and dependence upon God. Elijah had successfully defied the king, his armies, his prophets, and all the people in the nation. But the next day, a note from a woman caused him to run in terror (1 Kin. 19:2-3).  Praise The Lord!

The Lord appeared to Elijah and asked, "What are you doing HERE, Elijah?" (1 Kin. 19:9). Elijah wasn't "THERE" anymore. His place called "THERE" was back in Samaria. People were now worshiping the true God, but Elijah had run away in fear, leaving the people without a leader.

This resulted in the Lord replacing Elijah with Elisha. Elijah's ministry fell short of what it could have been. The Lord actually spoke to Elijah in an audible voice. He told him to do three things, one of which was to anoint Elisha to replace him (1 Kin. 19:15-16). Elijah anointed Elisha (1 Kin. 19:19), but didn't do the other two things. That means Elijah failed in two-thirds of the things the Lord told him to do. He was blown away from his earlier victories.. That's amazing.

Well this was not the end of Elijah's mission!!.. Elijah went on to prophesy (1 Kin. 21:17-24), and he called the fire of God down two more times (2 Kin. 1:9-12). And most impressive of all, Elijah never died; he was caught up into heaven by a whirlwind (2 Kin. 2:11).

This man, who failed miserably, still walked so closely with God that he never died. This speaks volumes to us.

He uses us in spite of what we do, and not because of what we do.

 If we will hold on to our faith, we can still experience wonderful things from the Lord even after failing BIG TIME…

I'm convinced that the great love that God has for us always causes Him to supply all our needs. It's obvious that we don't always receive those provisions, not because God isn't faithful to give, but because we aren't all "THERE". There is a place called "THERE" for all of us, where we act in obedience to what the Lord has called us to do. That's where God's supernatural supply is. The supply is always "THERE", waiting for our arrival.

The answer to all the present Crisis's go to the place "THERE"

May this be an inspiration to the many Elijah's we sometime become!!

Praise The Lord!

Johann

1 comment:

  1. Hi Himaya... m truly inspired by your testimonies... they give me hope and strength.... yes it's true i have always experienced God in my weakest moments and darkest periods of my life! M always inspired by Is: 43 1-4. "But now, this is what the Lord says: he who created you, O Israel. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for your life".

    Message I received when i was literally crying out in pain and despair. He tells me not to cry as he know my tears and watching me and to know that He loves me very much!

    ReplyDelete